IKEA Guangzhou Tianhe 2 is the first BREEAM IRFO (International Refurbishment and Fit-Out) 2015 to obtain Very Good level in China.
Indeed, IKEA opened a new store in Guangzhou, Tianhe district in 2019, in the M·Live mall.
TERAO has assisted them along this new store project from concept design to end of construction, working side by side with the different stakeholders to help them implement the BREEAM approach and to obtain BREEAM certification in the end.
Here are some basic characteristic of this project:
- BREEAM rating: Very Good
- Score: 62.1%
- Size: 19,743 m2
- BREEAM version: International Refurbishment & Fit-out 2015
Sustainable methods and technologies:
- Life Cycle Cost analysis at conception design stage
- High efficiency Lighting and lighting control
- Air source heat pump system for hot water
- Regular site visit to ensure construction and installations are in line with the targeted BREEAM Standards
- FSC Certified wood
- Acoustic modelling
How did BREEAM help achieve the environmental objectives
- Reduce the operational cost
- In line with IKEA’s sustainable value
- Balancing cost and life cycle value
- Improved occupant health and well-being
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
Reference article from the BRE China WeChat account: https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/uSjERT9hpdtr_XGAl5y7VA
At TERAO, we continue to assist IKEA to reach their Sustainability targets through ongoing and future projects.
We have the expertise to optimize designs of retail buildings, as shown by our several case studies in China (see portfolio on the website https://teraoasia.com/portfolio/). TERAO has the expertise to certify your sustainable building under BREEAM certification. For more info, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.